The more and more I use my Mac. I rely on Quicksilver to launch applications, run special instructions, etc. I’m not a hardcore user of QS just yet, but I decided to spend a few minutes to see if I could automate my Google search.
My normal steps require:
- Open browser (or switch to it if already opened). If the latter, I use ⌘-TAB until I highlight the browser of choice (Firefox/Safari).
- Open a new browser tab: ⌘-T
- Type “google”; the first item defaults to http://www.google.com
- Type my search query, press ENTER.
After following these steps I found on Google. My steps have been reduced to a customizable global hot key…
- Press ⌘-2
- Type search text, press ENTER.
Much better, now I just have to retrain my mind and fingers.