I initially used this guide, but made some changes:
1) Downloaded Django-1.0.tar.gz from here.
2) Created and extracted the contents of the tar.gz:
tar xzf ~/Downloads/Django-1.0.tar.gz
3) Make the following soft-links:
ln -s ~/sandbox/Django-1.0/django django
sudo ln -s ~/sandbox/Django-1.0/django/bin/django-admin.py django-admin.py
I decided to try out Blogo in the previous blog article I wrote about my Canon camera being repaired. Here it goes, short and sweet:
- nice looking application and user experience
- support several different blogging engines (WordPress, Blogger, Typepad)
- you can write, publish and preview your blog stories
- Adding images was easy, simple drag and drop.
- I could not “fold” my story. I like inserting the “read more” link in longer blog stories I write.
- There was no spell checker!?!
- Inserting images could be better handled. When I dropped an image a new window asked me how I wanted to add the image to the article (thumbnail or original size). I would prefer it default and stay out of my way, but letting me change the default if I decide before publishing the story!
- It didn’t let me specify my Category, including not listing the categories I already have stored in WordPress.
- How about templates? I wouldn’t mind having a common template for a particular story I do on my blog; like software comparisons for iPhone or Mac software! 🙂
Decision? I decided to remove it. I used AppZapper on it…